Saturday 27 October 2007

living two lives

In this blog i hope to achieve many things and one of them is find asnwers to why its so hard to fit in with the people you love.

I am a british born saudi. I was born in London, but my parents are from Saudi Arabia. I really love both countries as i feel they both play an important role in my life.

England to me is my second home as i was born,raised and educated here. I grew up in a liberal environment and some would even say i am a free person, yet i still feel that my legs are locked and my hands are chained.

Saudi Arabia is the love of my life. I love everything to do with saudi and i would happily return and spend the rest of my life there, but the only thing stopping me is that i am use to being able to do whatever i want.

Dont get me wrong people, i am a good muslim girl. I follow islam and i cover myself when in the presence of non-family men. I always wear the hijab and abaya when i go out and i am thinking of starting to wear the niqahb but that will take some time. Saudi to me is great but the lack of things to do is quite sad. I enjoy doing sports and competing in things like cross country races and horse riding, but in saudi i am locked behind doors as it is seen inappropriate for young girls to go out a lot.

oh how i wish i could live a british life in my beloved home land of KSA

2 comments:

lill_miz_wackoo said...

"but in saudi i am locked behind doors as it is seen inappropriate for young girls to go out a lot" <--- well that depends on which area in Saudi u choose to live in.

(^_^)

Saudi Pearl said...

i admit i havnt been to all of saudi but the places i have been have all disliked the idea of young girls going out a lot.

thnx for ur comment, i appreciate it :D