Sunday 23 December 2007

my weird yet wonderful eid

Eid, a day where people get together and remember God. they spend Eid with their family and friends and they have fun, but who says you cant hav fun alone?

so there i was, right after eid prayer, standing alone in the middle of the ummah (community), i jst looked at those girls. standing there i realised they were gonna go home and get ready to go out with men who see them as sex objects. i on the other hand decided to go home and try to think about wat the imam had said. he had given a speech about being who u trully r and making sure u feel comfortable. i though to my self was i trully who i wanna be or was i jst another fake girl?

i heard a a knock on the door. i opened it. it was my frend Amara, she lives upstairs and was the first person to welcome me into this neighbourhood. as i served her arabian coffee and dates, i knew she was dieing to ask me a question.

she wanted to know whether i would go to the party that my frends were going to. i refused and said i was busy washing my hair, infact i jst didnt want 10 guys staring at me across the room.

ok, stuck again, dont know wat to say. kinda feel tired yet i dont knw why. i am drinking lots of water yet i aint thirsty. hmmm weird right? well thats me :) born into a weird and wonderous world where nothing is normal these days.

No comments: