Friday 4 January 2008

As Life Goes On

Well right now here in riyadh it is 3:13 but my laptop is still set to London time. I couldnt be bothered to change it, even if i am using it here. I mean like i am here for a week and since Tuesday ( the day i landed) it has been kinda weird for me,, u knw i hav jst been meeting my millions of relatives who by the way I didnt even knw existed. Like my mums half sisters who by the way look great for women in their 40's!!! I mean they could easily pass for my sisters or something.

Well the whole point of this journey was to get my uni application sent in and hav my interview which was with a woman called Hajra Al-Qahtani who said she looked forward to meeting me again. i instantly went pink as i usually do at the sign of praise or fondness. I kinda just went along with wat i originally planned to say and she said that the uni would be happy to offer me a place :D

i must admit that this journey for me has been kinda emotionally challenged as i met my brothers adoptive family. A poor couple who took him in and raised him even though they had very little of wat we like to call luxuries to giv to him. it was fantastic meeting them as he showed me their little kids who they adopted as well.

The couple who could not hav kids of their own decided to look after orphans which to me was so breathtaking wen they invited me for dinner, i mean there they were with so much love to giv and these kids saw them as mum and dad, including my brother, but there was one person who stood out, a young shy girl called Ateeqa whos parents had died in a car accident back in 1994, leaving the only survivor to be her, at that time she was 6 mnths old.

i talked to Ateeqa and she had all these dreams of becoming a business woman who wanted a massive house full of orphan kids jst like she is growing up in. i couldnt help feeling that me and her in some way were linked emotionally and mentally as we both wanted to help ppl. me in a career related way and for her in a life long ambition.

i have promised to take Ateeqa out and spend time with her, jst getting to knw her, for a girl who is soon to turn 14, she is undoubtly brave as to think about wat she can do for others at such a young age, most girls her age are having enough problems to deal with like puberty and becoming a young woman, but for her, she seems to be the one the little ones look up to as a role model which for a 14 yr old is very difficult to keep with.

i think back to the times wen i was abused and neglected by my father and i say to myself that not many ppl can actually understand wat i went through, and there she was, a pretty young ambitious girl smiling at me and asking me questions about my lifestyle in the U.K. She was one of those ppl who could feel something for me for theyhad been through a similar ordeal. I knew from the beginning of this journey that it would change my perspective of life, and i was right it definitly has and will continue to as days go by.

No comments: